How Telemedicine works
Telemedicine is a healthcare solution that allows you to meet with your OrthoTeam Clinic provider virtually instead of going to the clinic. It is a safe and secure solution that is 100% HIPAA-compliant using a two-way, high definition video, so you can talk face-to-face as if you’re in the same room together.
With telemedicine, you can also:
- Submit your medication list, allergies, ID cards, and medical history in advance
- Chat or share photos describing your symptoms
- Have prescriptions electronically sent to your pharmacy
- Securely pay online for your virtual visit
The Benefits of Telemedicine
By connecting to your doctor in a virtual setting, you can expect to:
- Miss less time at work
- Have fewer disruptions with any child or elder care responsibilities
- Eliminate the time or travel expenses associated with your clinic visit
- Receive quality health care faster
At the same time, you also reduce your risk of exposure to contagious illnesses, like the common cold, flu, and COVID-19.
What to Expect during a Telemedicine Appointment
The OrthoTeam Clinic uses Doxy.me for telemedicine appointments. Once you schedule your appointment with your OrthoTeam Clinic provider you will receive an email with a link to your appointment. Simply click on the link a few minutes prior to your appointment to go to your providers “waiting room.” At your appointment time, your provider will join you and you can talk as if you are face-to-face in the same room.